Data Center Support Specialist (3rd Shift)-8021461
We are recruiting for a Data Center Support Specialist to provide technical triage, support, and resolution to simple to moderate technical issues to ensure the availability and efficiency of data center operations. The candidate will interact with network engineers, infrastructure engineers, software system engineers, application development, security, vendor, and facilities technicians to restore services.
They should have knowledge of data centers, servers, storage devices, network, cabling, and knowledge of Data Center Infrastructure and experience with Operating Systems: Mainframe, VMS, UNIX / Linux / AIX, Windows. The candidate should have operational experience with Networking terms and functions including LAN and WAN. Experience with scheduling (or Control-M software) would be helpful.
- Performs technical analysis, triage, and resolution for simple to moderate issues within Data Center Operations, including but not limited to the hardware, operating systems, and services provided on Servers, Storage, Network, Telecom, VOIP, Databases, and assisting Facilities with MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) monitoring and escalations.
- Demonstrates a high level of urgency and utilizes monitoring tools to assess, diagnose, communicate, and resolve simple to moderate issues.
- Analyzes the results of infrastructure monitoring experiences and recommends changes or additions to the monitoring toolset.
- Conducts approved requests, using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to start/stop services, devices, jobs, etc., engage vendors for site down situations, run ad-hoc jobs, reports, batch processing and any other SOP that is requested of the team.
- Serves as point of contact for vendors to coordinate activities within or affect the Data Center and ensures all activity is properly logged, resolved, and socialized, including creating change orders for the change management process.
- Assists Asset Management with receiving Data Center related hardware from the loading dock, unpacking, logging information into the Asset Management system and delivering equipment to the proper location.
- Assists with the proper disposal, recording of the disposal and proper notifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Information Technology or related field.
- High School Graduate
- 1-year experience: Requires functional experience in a Data Center in a large Computer Operations environment.
- Knowledge of data centers, servers, storage devices, network, cabling, and knowledge of Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM).
- Ability to install hardware and be proficient with network, servers, storage and facilities equipment.
- Experience with Operating Systems: Mainframe, VMS, UNIX / Linux / AIX, Windows.
- Operational understanding of database terms and functionality.
- Operational experience with Networking terms and functions including LAN and WAN.
- Familiarity with large batch scheduling systems.
- Experience with large scale disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a limited amount of supervision and work with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability for analytical and logical thinking.
- Ability to organize, troubleshoot efficiently and effectively.
- Detail oriented, creative, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work on multiple in-process tasks simultaneously, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely fashion.