Cisco VOIP Engineer-7390197
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Cisco VOIP Engineer with experience in Cisco VOIP, voice gateways, and legacy voice systems.
- Performs client consultation, plan, design, install, maintain, troubleshoot, and support both traditional legacy voice systems, as well as Cisco CCM equipment and voice gateways, working within and above established SLAs.
- Performs administration, configuration, and monitoring for Cisco Unified Communication.
- Supports and owns moves, adds, changes, deletions, incidents, problems, releases, configurations, compliance management, security, and PCI processes for Professional Voice Platforms.
- Plays an active role in the planning and implementation of the corporate voice network infrastructure roadmap, understanding, integrating, and supporting components supplied by multiple vendors into a single unified solution.
- Protects Voice eco-system: identifies opportunities and drives service and process improvements, being diligent about performing preventative maintenance, taking on the responsibility of asset and inventory management, tracking performance against SLAs to ensure timely resolutions to problems and incidents
- Performs Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning, the culmination of which resulting in highly available systems.
- Interprets and analyzes business requirements.
- Designs, tests, programs and implements appropriate solutions based on business needs.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots and diagnoses intermediate complex hardware/software/network problems/issues.
- Acts as lead in change management process to evaluate risk and impact of potential changes.
- Checks for timeliness, accuracy of posted information, driving changes as needed.
- Participates in on call rotation, resolving complex help desk tickets and network/voice problems.
- Tracks and trends issues and drives resolution.
- Acts as tier 3 escalation for issues impacting operations in the company and works with vendor to coordinate application/database/storage/server/operating system changes.
- Works with key business partners to conduct root cause analysis on technical issues impacting availability/performance.
- Communicates findings and resolution to Operations teams and IT Infrastructure leadership.
- Acts as technical project leader for medium to large size technical projects.
- Assures technical development of other team members through sharing of knowledge and experience.
- Researches, provides input into recommendations and justifies various hardware and software purchases and participates in determining hardware, software and administrative standards and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Engineering.
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in Cisco VoIP (CUCM, Unity, Contact Center, UCS, IM Presence) and in supporting technologies in traditional and VOIP environments.
- Currently pursing or certified in CCENT, CCNA, and/or CCNP.
- Extensive experience supporting technologies in traditional and VOIP environments demonstrating high telephony aptitude. Understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 technology and IP Networking.
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture and comprehensive knowledge of multiple technical disciplines, including areas of networks, network topologies, applicable software and troubleshooting techniques.
- Proficiency with the Cisco platform as well as other product platforms and technologies, including Avaya Systems, Cisco Systems, VoIP and SIP trunking.
- Experience with the support of Cisco Voice Gateways utilizing various protocols including SIP, H323, MGCP, and SCCP.
- Ability to work in both a team environment as well as independently manage own time and deliverables effectively.
- Experience with packet capture technologies
- Detail-oriented with the ability to make calculated recommendations and follow-up.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently, manage priorities, and complete assignments in a timely manner and meet productivity standards.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express technical knowledge, procedures and processes in clear, orderly and concise manner.