Certified Project Manager 3-13064
We are recruiting for a Project Manager that will be responsible for managing a multi-year project to modernize and implement a large and highly complex web application from a legacy mainframe application with ties to complex legacy IT systems. Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required.
- Manages communication and project reporting transparently provides regular project status for schedule, budget, risks, and issues.
- Responsible for creating and tracking project schedule and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Oversight and responsibility of project change control and management escalation.
- Facilitates meetings with sponsors and stakeholders.
- Performs risk evaluation and creates action-plans and executes mitigation plans to meet project objectives.
- Uses Agile Scrum project management processes, methodologies, and documentation practices to ensure development and business teams meet project objectives.
- Acts as the department & customer’s primary point of contact for the project.
- Manage Project Deliverables
- Directly manage all aspects of the project lifecycle using Agile Project management processes.
- Ensure stakeholders receive the necessary information to make sound decisions and trade-offs between scope, cost, and schedule.
- Communicates instructions/processes to project team members in a matrix organization.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed parameters.
- Plan and Organize
- Creates an integrated project schedule, resource plan, budget, communications plan for assigned projects.
- Breaks down the work into logical process steps and works streams.
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks by working with subject matter experts. Revises plans when appropriate.
- Manages projects and implementations for a large customer base (2000+ employees) working in multiple geographic locations.
- Problem Solving
- Develops clear action plans and schedules to resolve complex issues.
- Manages conflict within the project, team, and stakeholders.
- Uses a fact-based investigation and collection process to facilitate good decision making.
- Considers the impact to stakeholders and project goals and objectives in problem solving/conflict management.
- Project Control
- Collects information from multiple sources to assess project status.
- Uses information to evaluate impact to project deliverables (schedule, scope, budget, resources, issues, quality).
- Documents and communicates status to stakeholders regularly.
- Assesses and determines when to use escalation protocols.
- Enforces and provides oversight of defined project management controls.
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and project expenditures.
- Proactively facilitates project issue and risk identification, assessment, mitigation, and tracking using standard controls.
- Manages decisions within the defined escalation process.