Beacon Technologies is looking for a Sr. Software Developer Production Support to work in Madison, WI.
This Sr. Software Developer position will be part of a growing Production Support team. This team works to assess, diagnose, triage and code fix the company's system.
The ideal candidate has strong knowledge in the one of the following:
- AwS Cloud services, including Cloudwatch, RDS, Lambda, Angular, TypeScript, or Node JS.
- Advanced knowledge of common design patterns and when they should be used.
- Substantial knowledge of relational database structure and design using of RDS, MySQL or Dynamo DB.
Developers who excel at delivering the best customer experience and seek to understand the company's platform from the technical, as well as business side, will thrive on this Product Support team.
This is a full-time, exempt position working Monday through Friday with core hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm. The position reports to the Director of Infrastructure and Information..
- Ability to build web applications including graphic elements, overall organization and navigational structure, layout, development, usability of web pages and forms for ease-of-use
- Knowledge and considerable experience with AWS Lambda, Aurora, S3, or Dynamo
- Advanced knowledge of common design patterns and when they should be used
- Substantial knowledge of relational database structure and design using one of SQL Server, MySQL, or Maria DB
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles/methodologies, preferred exposure to Agile development
- Experienced in the use of JIRA And Confluence on a daily basis
- Skilled in technical troubleshooting and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to develop accurate estimates and assist team and project managers with the estimation process
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms, document requirements, develop specifications, and drive development methodology maturity
- Ability to work evenings/weekends as necessary and dictated by project deadlines or severity of support issues
- Ability to think creatively and use your imagination to problem-solve
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required
- Six or more years experience in application or software development required
- Experience with source code management tools (Stash, Git) required
- Experience with AWS Lambda, Aurora, S3, or Dynamo is a plus
- Certification in web development or software programming preferred
- Experience with Jenkins is preferred