Beacon Technologies is looking for a Sr. Project Manager to work for a client located in Madison, WI.
Responsibilities are below:
- Oversee the overall coordination of projects to successfully implement the company's and business unit strategic goals and initiatives and has a high degree of internal and external coordination working directly with vendors, other state departments, all levels of staff and senior management.
- Management of project timeliness, quality of effort, monitoring scope, budget, resource assignment, and escalation of issues.
- Manages and leads project teams.
- Facilitates project meetings, elicits requirements and group collaboration, sets agendas, and provides project status reports as outlined within the communication plan. Responsible for developing/coordinating the project plan, monitoring vendor delivery efforts, timelines, and milestone completion efforts.
- Ensures continuous communication throughout the project with stakeholders.
- Manages all aspects of the project within the defined budget.
- Liaises with and updates progress to the portfolio owner (deputy director of OEI).
- Works closely with the sponsor and business representatives to ensure that the project meets the identified business requirements.
- Defines and manages user acceptances testing (UAT).
- Identifies user training needs and works with transition manager to coordinate user training.
- Integrates the transition management plan into the implementation work plan.
- Reports on transition management activities, deliverables, and status.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required.
- Typically has 8 or more years managing projects.
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
- Ability and willingness to understand and execute the department’s project management methodology.
- Ability to create a shared understanding in a team environment (8 years)
- Ability to work in changing environment (5 years)
- Able to create integrated solutions (8 years)
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate expectations and delivery times for work efforts and requests. (5 years)
- Enterprise project management (8 years)
- Excellent organizational skills with a focus on accuracy, detail, and follow-through; punctual and m (8 years)
- Project plan development (5 years)
- Resource planning and management (5 years)
- Strong verbal communications skills with ability to clearly present information and ideas to groups
- Demonstrated competence in promoting understanding and cooperation within and between organizations.
- Extensive experience working with consultants and service providers.
Apply now if this sounds like the job for you!