Beacon Technologies is seeking a Senior UX Designer to work remotely!
Wish to work for a global team of individuals who collectively create a culture that strives to provide an inclusive environment where you can thrive? Look no more! Our client company will invest in your growth through dedicated Days of Development, believe in people over process, and refine and challenge their agile mindset through various communities of practice. Your voice is important and they have a commitment to listen in their company wide town halls. We welcome you to join the team!
For this special job search, we are looking for a motivated, adaptable, hard working teammate and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. Our client company offers competitive career opportunities, great benefits and promote a work-life balance.
As a senior-level UX Designer, you will assist in the design of engaging, intuitive experiences across our product suite of web applications. You will solve complex problems by mapping user journeys, creating low-fidelity sketches and wireframes, to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes. You will collaborate with product owners, business analysts, subject matter experts and software engineers throughout the design process.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and define experience maps - what is the flow the user takes to accomplish their tasks, where do they begin and exit a feature?
- Sketch and create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and clickable prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas for complex web applications.
- Utilize observations, research and analytics to help support ideas, and conduct tests to help validate them.
- Work with product and engineering teams to understand feature requirements, champion user experience needs and then turn those needs into concepts, mockups, prototypes and design specifications.
- Facilitate lean UX activities with product teams.
- Mentor junior UX designers on design process, techniques, and solutions.
- Contribute and maintain our style guide, pattern library and component library to ensure consistency throughout our product suite.
- Conduct UX research: contextual inquiry, usability testing, concept testing, card sorting, etc.
- Production utilizing Adobe XD, Photoshop and Illustrator, or other similar UX related tools.
- Commitment to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
Job knowledge, skills and abilities required include:
- Solid foundation in Lean UX practice.
- Sound design fundamentals: color theory, visual hierarchy, typography and iconography.
- Strong portfolio featuring design work that showcases visual and interaction design.
- Comfortable designing responsive experiences from mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Expert knowledge of interface and interaction design.
- Experience and knowledge of UX best practices.
- Experience of usability evaluation methods.
- Exceptional eye for detail, ensuring quality of the design is upheld from concept to release.
- Act as a continuous learner who actively seeks out and gives feedback to improve the experience.
- Flexibility, curiosity and ability to embrace complex design problems.
- Ability to present work with confidence to a variety of audiences and make design decisions based on research.
- Ability to produce Prototypes, wireframes, and storyboards.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to communicate to both a technical and nontechnical audience.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- At minimum, graduated high school or GED.
- Occasional travel to company offices or meetings as required.
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed internet connection and dedicated work space are required.
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/Interaction designer, or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Experience designing business enterprise web applications or new software products a plus.
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment and working within scrum teams.
- Basic knowledge in HTML, CSS, Angular, and/or other common UI frameworks.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.