The Senior Mobile Application Developer ensures efforts are in alignment with the IT – Member Services to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people’s lives. The Senior Mobile Application Developer’s role is to provide architectural guidance to Mobile Application as well as define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes designing, writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications as well as mentoring junior programmers.
• Ensure efforts delight the customer.
• Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch, customer centric approach focused on collaboration and communication.
• Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
• Innovate and create value for the customer.
• Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
• Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
• Provide architectural guidance to Mobile application team when incorporating new features or functionality.
• Design, develop, document and implement new applications and application enhancements according to business and technical requirements
• Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
• Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
• Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
• Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
• Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
• Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
• Mentor junior programmers on team in MicroServices, programming languages and development methodology
• Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
Responsibilities (working knowledge of several of the following):
• Relation DB development (Oracle or SQL Server)
Methodologies and Frameworks
• ASP.NET Core
• Object Oriented Development
• Responsive Design Tools
• Visual Studio or VSCode
• TFS or other source control software such as Azure Dev Ops
• API / MicroServices
Essential Background Requirements:
Education: College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems or software engineering, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
• Practical experience working with the technology stack used for Web and/or Mobile Application development
• At least 2 years spent with Mobile Application Development
• Excellent understanding of portal and application architecture as well as all areas of the software development lifecycle.
• Experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
• Hands-on experience with all phases of the SDLC.
• Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a plus.
• Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
• Ability and desire to mentor junior programmers
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• On-call availability.
• Some travel may be required.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.