Beacon Technologies is hiring a PM Manager to work in Madison, Wisconsin for an amazing team.
In collaboration with other leaders, The PMO Manager is responsible for facilitating the planning, execution and communication of programs and projects to meet the organization’s objectives. The PMO Manager develops and implements project processes and policies, directs project managers and business analysts, and communicates to stakeholders on status, risks and process/product changes.
- Engage senior leadership and business sponsors to define PMO mission, goals and operating model in the form of a PMO Charter.
- Facilitate prioritization of programs and projects based on alignment with enterprise and/or departmental objectives.
- Manage the enterprise project portfolio, schedule, milestones, resources and dependencies.
- Collaborate in estimating project work effort and resources.
- Secure and allocate project resources from across the organization.
- Regularly conduct reviews of progress toward completion of projects within the portfolio.
- Act in the capacity of project manager for certain initiatives, fulfilling all required responsibilities of the position.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions related to corporate initiatives.
- Understand organizational and departmental objectives and how those align to the organization’s long term strategy.
- Provide consultation/mentoring regarding project management best practices required for successful project implementations to project managers, business sponsors, and project stakeholders
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Technology or related discipline.
- 6+ years of proven project management experience, acting as project manager for large scale projects (i.e., including software development) on time and within budget using proven project management practices and structured methodologies.
- 3+ years of recent supervisory experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) with demonstrated understanding of Center of Excellence concepts concerning enterprise governance, standards and system support requirements.
- Prior project management experience utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Successful track record of managing business process improvement and systems integration initiatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of program management concepts and implementation techniques including project portfolio management and project lifecycle management.
- Demonstrated understanding of technology components and infrastructure requirements supporting the implementation of tightly integrated information technology solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of requirements gathering techniques.
- Proven track record in learning new concepts quickly, applying depth and breadth of current skills in analyzing new opportunities or problem areas.
- Demonstrated competence in identifying risk areas and proactively determining appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Self-starter attitude, ability to work with ambiguity and strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, analytical decision making, sound judgement and conflict resolution.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills to include diplomacy, empathy, influencing and negotiation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with proven ability to multitask and prioritize in a high paced environment with limited direction and a strong sense of urgency.
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally, requiring some overnight stays.
- Possession of valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.