Beacon Technologies is looking for a .NET Tech Lead to work in Madison, WI.
If you are an optimistic, results-oriented, and adaptable application tech lead with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed then this just might be for you. This position primarily serves as an application lead developer, and mentor to members of the Work Programs modernization project. This project is focused on modernization of complex multi-agency mainframe systems into a user friendly and state of the art web based system. This is a multi-phase project with the current focus on phase 2 of the project.
Someone who is a team player that promotes sound coding practices, code reviews, documentation, and improves processes leading to cost effectiveness throughout the product development life cycle is desired.
- Works closely with the project manager to provide strategic technical direction and mentoring of the development team to make this new system a reality.
- Prioritizes his/her work to provide technical leadership and at the same time, write code, and collaborate with the project manager.
- Applicants should be comfortable and concise with presenting to business area and upper level management when required.
- Responsible for technical quality and the stability of the application, including supporting the application post production release.
- Perform some production support and is expected to mentor members of the development team in diagnosing issues quickly and responsibly.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of others in testing from unit, system, QA automation, load-testing, and to establishing performance benchmarks.
- Expect to balance time between working with the team and delivering his/her coding, research, communications, and documentation.
- Performs impact analyses for planning hardware and/or software upgrades. Includes upgrades to the development stack, as well as the applications still in development or post production support states.
- Experience working on agile projects is essential.
- Strong hands on technical skills and experience with the following is mandatory: ASP.NET Core written in C#, Web API, Angular, bootstrap, TFS, DB2, SQL Server, and other state of the art tools and libraries.
- Experience deploying systems in a large organizations and developing implementation and roll back plans is required.
- Must have 10 or more years of design, development, implementation, and post production support of complex web applications.
- Ability to identify risks and provide relevant solutions to complex problems while ensuring on-time delivery.
- Understands upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Demonstrates the ability to share knowledge via formal mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design documents, and providing technical talks.
- Adept at producing architectural diagrams and presentations for use in communication with various levels of management and staff in both the business and IT.
- Ability to lead and deliver change in a productive way.
- Change Management (7 years)
- Methodologies - Understanding of project management methodologies and experience with 'agile' (8 years)
- Experience in Technical Writing and Documentation (7 years)
- Analytical/problem solving skills (8 years)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (8 years)
- Leader (4 years)
- Code Branching and version control (6 years)
- Post production support on middle to large web applications (5 years)
- .Net Application and Web Application Design Patterns (8 years)
- Data flow and structure modeling (4 years)
- SQL Client tools (4 years)
- SQL Server (4 years)
- .Net Core (6 years)
- Angular 2/4 or higher (5 years)
- C# (8 years)
- IIS (5 years)
- SQL (5 years)
- Team Foundation Server (5 years)
- Typescript and CSS (8 years)
- Web Environment - W2K web/applications servers, C#, DB2 Connect, SQL Server, ASP.Net Core, Angular 4 (8 years)
- XML (5 years)
- Stress Testing, Performance Testing, and Load Testing (5 years)
- Unit Testing (6 years)
Experiences that are nice to have but not required are:
- Bootstrap (3 years)
- Experience in upgrading .Net Core 1.1 to .Net core 2.2 (1 year)
- Experience in upgrading Bootstrap and Angular (1 year)
- Techniques for securing against threats (7 years)
- Automated Testing and Continuous Integration (3 years)
Apply now if this sounds like it is the job for you!