Responsible for creating desired functionality to assigned content, products or services. Develops, tests and implements software that provides robust technical infrastructure and/or software applications used by business units.
The Senior Guidewire Developer will be a member of one of several cross-functional development teams, ranging from 5 to 7 team members. This is a senior-level position who will assist in various software development functions relating to products for internal and external customers.
- Supports and may lead initiatives including multiple features and applications involving highly integrated design and architecture
- Demonstrates knowledge of solutions within multiple domain(s) product(s) or service(s)
- Develops and may lead applications development and the underlying framework
- Collaborates and may lead application designs
- May lead, implements, tests and delivers new features for multiple platforms
- Coordinates with QA team to initiate testing and ensure testing is completed
- Designs framework and software standards and make suggestions for systems / software improvements
- Evaluate and improves application development process
- Works to understand customer needs and usage of the product the team supports.
- Collaborates well with scrum team members on design and development ideas and concepts. Accepts feedback and challenges status quo.
- Mentors other team members as needed
Problem Solving & Analysis
- Constant refinement of business and IT processes with the goal of recommending opportunities for cost reductions or greater efficiencies in alignment with company objectives.
- Leverages industry standards, best practices and own expertise to determine solutions and anticipate issues
- Sees patterns and uses conceptual thinking to solve problems
- Collaborates with team and other SMEs to solve complex problems that do not have immediately known solutions, requiring analytical and at times “out of the box” thinking
Decision Making / Autonomy
- Proactively collaborate with team to make decisions that translate into specific actions, with a goal of implementing MVP in the short term with an eye to long term objectives
- Issues are escalated to Management
- Highly collaborative with scrum team
- Seeks to delight the customer with every deliverable
Communications / Interactions
- Has an informed opinion and is able to articulate complicated technical issues to less technical management or leadership, or to less senior team members. Has a persuasive argument, but accepting of financial/time/other constraints that may impact decision making.
- Leads meetings with partners to gain alignment and understanding
- Promotes a mentor/mentee relationship with less experienced team members
- Creates and delivers presentations and communications to peers
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge in problems solving, database, application servers, application design and testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information to groups of internal and external project stakeholders, across all levels of the organization
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Lean/Agile best practices, DevOps, SDLC (System Development Lifecycle), PLC (Project Lifecycle) and has a history of supporting team members on projects using various development methodologies (Waterfall to Agile)
- Demonstrates thought leadership through innovative, creative, problem solving that arrives at actionable next steps in alignment with desired business outcomes.
- Versed in multiple IDE’s and Languages including Gosu, Apex, .Net and Java.
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- High level understanding of our technologies to be able to work and understand our technical team. These technologies include Guidewire, Salesforce, Ratabase, Paymentus and Hadoop.
- Approaches work in a structured, systematic way, organizing and prioritizing workload to meet demands of the team, department and organization
- Understands enterprise and product priorities and escalates appropriately any deviations from those priorities.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations
- Commitment to continuous building of personal professional knowledge: ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with on-site and geographically disparate teams.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Understanding of the benefits of rapid prototyping to demonstrate the merits of a proposed solution.
- Approach problems with an entrepreneurial mindset. Design experiments, measure outcomes, adapt as needed.
- Highly motivated, with a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- Thrives on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to gain the respect of the team, stakeholders, and management.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.