Beacon Technologies is looking for a Front End Web Developer to work in Janesville/Madison, WI
Front–end engineers will be part of a motivated team to create and maintain internal web applications and combining the art of programming with provided UI designs for creating stylish consumer websites! Learn to collaborate with middleware and database engineers to design and groom UI functionalities as part of a scrum-based agile development process.
- Create modern internal applications using TypeScript and React/Redux.
- Collaborating with middle-tier engineers to design APIs for application needs.
- Retrieve, process, transform and persist data from REST based APIs for creating dynamic web applications.
- Design thoughtful UX layouts for internal applications that maximize user experience and productivity.
- Ensure UI components function consistently across applications and maintain coding standards.
- Design mobile and tablet friendly web applications.
- Evolve core framework standards by consistently upgrading frameworks, plugins and libraries to recent versions and stay up to date on emerging technologies.
- Create prototypes, mock-ups and proofs of concepts to demonstrate designs to stakeholders.
- Create and perform development testing/unit testing to ensure deliverables satisfy the contract identified during design and to maintain high code coverage.
- Provide production support for issues identified by business users.
- Follows the process defined for JIRA issue management system;update task status and provide valuable comments promptly and consistently.
- Actively participate in scrum design discussions by providing suggestions and ideas.
- Create and maintain confluence documents and notes; forecast future needs as part of the development.
- Perform minimal image corrections or design using Adobe Photoshop.
- Perform basic SQL querying during debugging.
- Collaborate with Web Admins to configure Linux based virtual machines on Windows PC.
- Audit performance on web applications.
Required Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree, five (5) years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience consuming REST APIs.
- Experience creating single page applications.
- Ability to manage, support and debug PHP applications.
- Experience in working with Content Management Systems, preferably WordPress.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS pre-processors (like SASS or LESS), and responsive design.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks like Jest, Mocha and Jasmine
- Familiarity browser developer tools.
- Experience withweb performance analysis and optimization.
- Strong exposure with version control systems, preferably GIT.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 7+ hours.
- Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, and office machinery.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and written.
- Must be able to read from a screen.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.