Remote or Madison, WI
Beacon Technologies is looking for a skilled Enterprise Security Architect to work remotely or in Madison, WI.
The successful applicant to this position will be charged with developing programs that continually improve the organization's product and infrastructure development teams' ability to securely deliver product artifacts. With a focus on cloud based microservice architectures, the Enterprise Security Architect will shape and facilitate the understanding of the end-to-end security strategy and architecture for the business. A strong applicant will rely on a SHIFT LEFT security approach, relying upon effective collaboration with Software and Cloud architects during the Architecture and Design phase and leveraging Communities of Practice to drive ownership of security practices and procedures at an individual and team level. This position will mentor engineers, solutions architects, and technical leads to help build effective and secure engineering practices. To be successful in this role, exceptional interpersonal skills, including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control and a high degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds is needed.
• Work with our customers and engineering teams to help them understand modern security practices and translate in both directions
• You will design, teach and incorporate software-defined networking (SDN) principles that improve security within our microservices architectures
• Develop and lead the implementation of reproducible security frameworks that support and enhance our continuous delivery principles, practices and technologies
• Evaluate our current software, infrastructure systems, and practices for security posture and health and have a proven ability to deliver actionable recommendations that will improve security to leadership and engineering communities of practice
• Collaborate with our Security Compliance team to develop effective and auditable SDLC controls that adhere to the organization's Security Framework while supporting our agile development practices
• Serve as a technical security advisor to Scrum Teams on the planning, development, design, maintenance, and the implementation of secure code
• Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally at least 1 week per month when safety travel guidelines are in place
• At minimum, graduated high school
• 11 years of related Information Systems experience
• 3 years of experience engineering and or/designing secure solutions for a SaaS product development organization
• 3 years of experience engineering and/or designing secure solutions on modern cloud platforms (Google, AWS, Azure)
• 2 years of experience engineering and/or designing secure solutions on modern container and container orchestration platforms (Docker and Kubernetes)
• For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated work space are required
• Must be located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, VA, WA or WI
• Demonstrated ability to design and lead the implementation of Authentication, Identity and Role Management protocols
• Industry certifications including Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Certification
If this sounds like a role for you, apply now and a team member from Beacon Technologies will be in contact.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.