We are on the hunt for a DevOps Release Manager/Tech Release Manager for a client on the east side of Madison.
Tech Release Managers/DevOps Release Managers are responsible for coordinating implementation activities that bring new software release/patch into integration, QA, and production environments. TRMs ensure integrity of pre-prod and prod environments are protected and correct components are released by owning deployment schedules for environments. TRMs are central knowledge point of all integrations. TRMs focus on coordinating integrated pieces from product deliverables that must come together to work as an integrated release package, solution, or release. TRMs coordinate deployment milestones ensuring milestones are planned, managed, and come together in a timely manner. TRMs group releases together based on efficiency, integrations, and compatibility as they are promoted.
- Accountable for: creating, managing and maintaining the specifics of a predetermined Release Schedule
- All release activities within the implementation of a given project
- Communicate implementation plans, status, and issues to I/S management levels
- Work with Change Management to coordinate and schedule release of change requests into prod
- Gather application and component (infrastructure) data required for release and create change requests for those items
- Prepare implementation plan, review with project teams and stakeholders including contact lists, communication, back out, and prod verification
- Execute implementation plan during the final change to prod window and communicate status during deployments and prod verification
- Gather and coordinate post implementation issue resolutions and communication
- Coordinate approvals for deploying off schedule and urgent releases
- Central point of contact for all product releases
- Accountable for incorporating vendor applications into release processes
- Work with environment team for requirement review, setup and configuration of pre-prod environments
- Accountable for reviewing ongoing impact analysis and communication to teams that are part of a larger release
- Accountable for developing, process improvements and training of standard release processes, including deployment schedules
- Identifies areas of risk/conflict within and across multiple releases and work with project teams to mitigate issues
- Influence parallel development strategies including branching, merging, and version management
- Configure and integrate the servers with different environments to automate provisioning and creating new machines using CM/ Provisioning tools such as Chef and Puppet.
- Developing deployment workflows including pre-release, release, and post-release steps
- Understand code Quality Analysis Techniques such as Check styles, Junit, with CI tools such as Hudson/Jenkins.
- Automation using ANT, PERL scripts, Shell Scripting in a continuous build environment.
- Implementing, Upgrading, Patching, Configuring, and Administrating Red Hat Linux
- Coordinating Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems
- In-depth understanding of Load balancing and setting up load balancer and firewall rules in and enterprise environment
- Strong ability in Knowledge of network and web related protocols like TCP/IP, HTTPS along with the routing protocols.
Required skills we ask that you have before applying:
- 3 years of experience required in TRM role
- Experience managing implementations with many system integrations/dependencies
- Software Development Lifecycle experience including waterfall, iterative, and agile
- CI/CD, DevOps, Release, SCM in AWS and/or Azure environments
- Atlassian Suite implementation knowledge JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket for release scope and communication.
- Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, SNS, SQS, and Cloud Formation.
- Configuration Management Tools (CHEF, PUPPET, ANSIBLE, TERRAFORM).
- Ability to understand architecture and integrations with Java based SOA
- Build/Deployment process knowledge in Java applications
- Change Management process knowledge and tool experience (e.g. ServiceNow)
- Excellent team player with team building skills
- Excellent Communication Skills - verbal and written
- Ability to work with all levels in the organization
If any of this sounds like you then submit your resume and apply!