This role is responsible for producing summarized, informative, and value-focused, communications that enhance and further build upon the Digital Technology organization’s brand. This role is a part of a highly visible team and will be instrumental in effectively communicating progress of, and forwarding, the organization's digital journey. This role will turn technical solutions into summarized and informative insights through internal and external digital and print mediums, including websites, emails, videos, presentations and advertisements across different platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
• Collaborate with leadership and business partners to understand and communicate how technology is and can help maximize business value.
• Articulate complex technical information and concepts into easy to understand communications.
• Communicate the value and performance of implemented Digital Technology projects and solutions.
• Research, write and edit engaging content for internal and external publications.
• Promote content on multiple platforms, including social channels.
• Actively contribute to Digital Technology’s marketing strategy across all communication platforms.
• Identify communication needs or current gaps and recommend new topics or strategies to fulfill them.
• Develop strategic partnerships with internal and external communication groups.
• Influence and break down silos within and across the organization.
• Build both horizontal and vertical relationships with business and DT leaders that deliver business impact.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Marketing or equivalent professional experience.
• Three (3) or more years of writing experience.
• Ability to maintain a high level of communication expertise, staying abreast of new communication outlets and practices.
• Ability to interact with company personnel, build strong relationships at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and understand how technology is, and can, drive business value.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the organization, management and business personnel.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and skilled in editing and proofreading.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to travel up to 10%.
• Strong understanding of how digital technology can impact the business including technologies such as IoT, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Augmented Reality (AR).
• Skills in website creation and editing software – WordPress and SharePoint.
• Social Media writing and publishing experience for brand awareness and impressions.
• Experience with large, multi-national manufacturing company(s).
• Creative writing in an IT department