Beacon Technologies is looking for a BI Tech Lead II to work in Madison, WI.
This position will work closely with the technical architect and provide technical leadership to the BI team in the development of a data warehouse, data management techniques, tool implementation, and reporting and analytical capabilities.
Responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience providing technical leadership to a business intelligence team and mentoring team members on technologies and tools to ensure consistent and effective implementation.
- Ability to establish design and use patterns for technologies.
- Experience developing technical reference models and ensuring effective implementation of defined architecture.
- Experience with Tableau Server Infrastructure, specifically publishing and back-end administration, effective organization of data sources and dashboards, optimization, tuning, and ensuring the security of data.
- Experience with ETL tools and processes including SSIS and/or other ETL tools (Alteryx, Talend, etc.).
- Experience with source code management tools such as SVN or git.
- Experience gathering, understanding & documenting user requirements, creating specifications, designing solutions, development, testing, and implementing solutions that ensure requirements are achieved through high quality deliverables.
- Proven ability to provide direction and mentoring to team members on Tableau development (10.5+) and dashboard usability.
- Familiarity with dashboard design, full life cycle management and the application of best practices including use of visual design principles.
- Experience with quality assurance and developing standards to certify reports/dashboards/analytics for production use.
- Familiarity with both relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Experience using complex SQL.
- Experience with SQL Server and related tools including SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Experience in the role of project manager leading BI projects.
- Experience with analytical tools such as R, Python, and SAS.
- Experience providing leadership and coordination for operational activities for production support and software upgrades.
- Involvement in BI governance including data usage, metadata, data management, data quality, and security.
- Familiarity working with technology including metadata management/data cataloging, automated regression testing, containerization, and advanced analytics.
- Familiarity with agile development practices, particularly Scrum.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, ability to influence others and to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to work productively with cross-functional working groups and across organizational layers with consideration for agency priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.