Beacon Technologies is looking for an Application/Infrastructure Monitoring Engineer to work in Madison, WI.
The Application Monitoring Engineer is responsible for delivering and supporting large-scale network, system, application, service, and business activity monitoring solutions. This position involves the deployment and support of the tools the company uses to monitor their network, systems and applications. This Individual will work with senior members of the team to gather monitoring requirements from stakeholders and deliver solutions utilizing the enterprise monitoring tool set.
- Support application monitoring for .Net, Java, SaaS, AWS, and other application architectures.
- Monitor the responsiveness and availability of critical websites and web applications from the end-user perspective.
- Monitor infrastructure component for CPU, memory, disk space, & I/O.
- Provide deep visibility into on-prem, cloud and hybrid applications performance.
- Support the efforts for ongoing Dynatrace App Configuration and Dynatrace platform implementation.
- Support the efforts for ongoing CA UMI and CA APM platform implementation.
- Implement application monitoring, synthetic and real user monitoring solutions following best practices across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with Business and Technology to design and implement performance benchmarks for each application, and report results periodically.
- Develop processes to monitor and alert for critical business transactions and applications to catch an issue before the impact.
- Participates in the discussion of applications performance and infrastructure outage incidents to provide solutions.
- Collaborate with all relevant IT resources to develop preventive measures and automated remediation of production issues.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to enhance client service, efficiency and reliability.
- Influence effective solutions in a matrixed organization.
- Document information such as configuration, installation and user guides following process standards.
- Develop and implement integrations between Dynatrace and other tools (e.g., ServiceNow) for enhanced business value.
- Perform data mining and analysis, utilizing various queries and reporting methods
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- 4 or more years of experience in Information Systems performing application and infrastructure analysis.
- Strong Experience with Dynatrace, CA UIM, CA APM, Splunk and other industry standard monitoring platforms.
- Working knowledge of application monitoring best practices.
- Strong experience with multiple hardware and operating systems such as Unix, Linux, Windows, and/or VMware.
- Experience with application performance management technologies: server and application (real and synthetic) monitoring components.
- Strong Experience in integrating Dynatrace with ServiceNow, Splunk and other industry standard platforms.
- Synthetic monitoring tools including browser-based testing and load generators.
- Infrastructure monitoring tools: client, server, network, logs.
- Understanding of core development principles of scripting languages like Perl, Java, and Python.
- Understanding of middleware technologies such as JBoss and Tomcat.
- Understanding of messaging frameworks such as SOAP, REST and web services.
- Understanding or relational and non-relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, etc).
- Experience in configuration management and orchestration tools.
- Experience in configuration, release, and change management.
- Self-driven individual with good project and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple project deadlines and milestones.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse set of clients in an international organization.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Must be effective communicator (written and verbal).
- Willing to learn new things
Apply now if this sounds like the job for you!