The Application Systems Analyst performs all the activities involved in managing and supporting Engineering applications used by the company. They work under the direction of a Business System Analyst to help ensure the applications work together to support the business process requirements. They will review, analyze, and modify engineering related applications including the installation, configuration, testing and debugging of assigned systems. A strong understanding of CAD and manufacturing CAM\CAE software applications must be possessed along with experience working with engineering business processes. This position will primarily focus on 3D CAD administration and manufacturing CAE related applications. Because this position will deal with both technical personnel and business managers, as well as participate on project teams, strong interpersonal and communication skills are needed.
Primary responsibilities, activities, and skills required to effectively manage an application area include:
- Provide third level support to end users to resolve Engineering related software issues.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Perform the installation and configuration of the software at both the desktop and server levels.
- Ensure that system functional documentation remains current, including systems specification documents and flowcharts.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the testing and installation of service packs, patches, and hot fixes on desktop and server levels. This includes performing post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing Engineering software and applications across the organization.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of engineering related software.
Experience and Knowledge Requirements:
- Four year college degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years direct experience operating, programming, and administrating 3D CAD\CAE applications (SolidWorks preferred).
- Familiarity and experience with major Windows based applications.
- Previous work with Windows based server side software installs desirable
- System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Working within a defined Project Management structure is a plus
- Experience installing and managing Manufacturing CAM\CAE related software also a plus.
- Previous experience working inside a PLM environment highly preferred