Business Intelligence Developer III-6563
The Business Intelligence III provides for, leads, and supports, the development, analysis, implementation, and security of all our client’s business intelligence and analytical solutions for corporate, affiliated distributors, and independent distributors. This position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and project initiatives. This position will manage, design, monitor, and maintain company data warehouses, business intelligence solutions, and is responsible for ensuring high availability of the data. This position is responsible for designing, building, and implementing complex relational databases, multidimensional databases, data warehouses, integrations between systems, reports, and reporting systems.
This position will work in conjunction with the Business Intelligence Architect, Business Intelligence Analyst, other Business Intelligence Developers, and work with the Information Technology staff to obtain the business requirements, outline data solutions and implement. This position designs and develops data warehouse related processes and applications using a variety of programming tools to extract data from the client’s on-premise applications and cloud-based systems. The above systems will contain sensitive corporate data and this position will hold a very high-level need for confidentiality, privileged, and protected information. This position will mentor junior staff as appropriate.
Strategy & Planning
- Leads and advise on long-term strategic goals for the enterprise data warehouse and analytics in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Advises management and sets budgetary needs for the client’s Business Intelligence and analytic needs
- Act as a technical mentor and advisor within IT and mentor junior staff as needed.
- Lead analyze, plan and implement automated systems to solve complex business opportunities.
- Write detailed functional design documents and assisting with gathering business requirements with business users and analysts.
- Provide escalation support from other IT team members.
- Ensure that business intelligence documentation remains current, including Model Metadata, Warehouse, and ETL documentation and diagrams.
- Design, Develop, Implement, Maintain, ETL processes utilizing current ETL tools and processes.
- Design, implement and maintain semantic layers & Cubes
- Develop interactive dashboards with drill down capabilities.
- Develop useful and intuitive Reports via standard reporting tools such as SSRS and other reporting tools
- Develop, implement, and maintain deployments and testing processes for modifications to the data warehouse environments, cubes, reports, etc…
- Coordinates and works with appropriate IT staff & Business, focusing on ETLs,
- Warehouse & Cube creation/design, and end user consumption of the data.
- Participate in the panning of work as a group and as an individual utilizing methodology such as SCRUM
- Assist with analysis for budgeting on future projects, tools, and technology
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Information Technology or related field.
- Experience with data modeling tools and methodologies.
- Deep understanding of ETL design and implementation.
- Knowledge of multi-dimensional modeling, design, and implementation.
- Mastery of T-SQL and data modeling with DAX and MDX.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence Technologies including SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS
- 10 years: Working with relational and/or multi-dimensional databases.
- 5 years: Progressively responsible project management experience
- 5 years: Business and System Analysis and requirements gathering.
- 7 years: SQL programming experience.
- 7 years: Demonstrated experience designing and implementing Business Intelligence Solutions with experience modeling data
- 7 years: Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Reporting – Business Intelligence and/or ETL development.
- Experience with Tabular data modeling
- Experience with analyzing unstructured and structured data within a big data environment is a plus
- Database certifications are a plus
- Visual Studio (BIDS), PowerBI, and PowerPivot.
- Experience with BIML is a plus