Business Intelligence Developer II-6325
We are currently recruiting for a proven Business Intelligence Developer II. The person in this position will create data-driven solutions providing business data to the organization for reporting and data analysis. The BI Developer gathers requirements from the user community then, using a variety of SQL-based tools and other reporting platforms, provides that data to the business in a variety of formats. The data is integrated from a number of source business systems into a central data warehouse. Once in the warehouse the data may be presented in a report, a visual format such as a dashboard, or made available for direct-end user access using a variety of analysis tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with business units to determine reporting and data analysis requirements.
- Build automated reports and visual dashboards using MicroStrategy, Power BI, SSRS and Excel.
- Conduct report validation.
- Design and deploy complete BI solutions into production environments.
- Communicate ETL requirements to the Developer III positon for design and integration into the data warehouse environment.
- Fluent in SQL-related development tools including Visual Studio and Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) and the MicroStrategy BI or Power BI platform.
- Mentor and train other team members in BI-related technologies.
- Manage the database analysis and reporting technical platform utilizing industry best practices.
- Interface with database administrators and business analysts in areas of performance, security and a solution functionality.
- Provide mentoring to BI Developer I role.
- May assist with data warehouse ETL process.
- Contributes to the data warehouse design and data model.
- Review new on premises and/or Cloud based reporting tools and techniques for application in the BI environment.