Business Intelligence Developer II-5416
Role: The Business Intelligence Developer II creates data-driven solutions providing business data to the organization for reporting and data analysis. The BI Developer gathers requirements from the user community then, using a variety of SQL-based tools and other reporting platforms, provides that data to the business in a variety of formats. The data is integrated from a number of source business systems into a central data warehouse. Once in the warehouse the data may be presented in a report, a visual format such as a dashboard, or made available for direct-end user access using a variety of analysis tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with business units to determine reporting and data analysis requirements.
- Build automated reports and visual dashboards using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MicroStrategy and Excel.
- Conduct report validation.
- Design and deploy complete BI solutions into production environments.
- Communicate ETL requirements to the Developer III position for design and integration into the data warehouse environment.
- Fluent in SQL-related development tools including Visual Studio and Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) and the MicroStrategy BI platform.
- Mentor and train other team members in BI-related technologies.
- Manage the database analysis and reporting technical platform utilizing industry best practices.
- Interface with database administrators and business analysts in areas of performance, security and a solution functionality.
- Provide mentoring to BI Developer I role.
- May assist with data warehouse ETL process.
- Contributes to the data warehouse design and data model.
- Review new reporting tools and techniques for application in a BI environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing business intelligence solutions
- Proven experience with Microsoft SQL development including a combination of the following:
- Development and administration experience in MicroStrategy
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or newer
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
- Experience with ETL processes
- Building and modifying Microsoft SQL-based data warehouses and multi-dimensional cubes