Business Intelligence Architect 2-12034
This posting is for one (1) Business Intelligence Sr. Data Modeler / Data Architect position. This position will help the client’s business intelligence efforts. This is a Business Intelligence Sr. Data Modeler/Data Architect position. We expect candidates to have an in-depth knowledge of data warehousing concepts, including expertise in facts and dimensions, and real-world modeling scenarios. Potential candidates will be tested on their technical knowledge prior to being considered for the position.
The individual in this position will:
- Meet with stakeholders to understand and balance business requirements and user expectations.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement data management standards to ensure consistencies in the metadata categories within the data models.
- Produce and enforce database development standards and ensure consistencies across all the data models within business intelligence.
- Design, maintain and develop database architecture as well as conceptual, logical, and physical data models for business intelligence efforts.
- Ensure that all relevant aspects of data model (granularity, etc.) are considered.
- Analyze the logical and physical database models and guarantee models are in accordance with standards.
- Be responsible for leading and facilitating communication with business customers, IT staff, and other stakeholders, incorporating business requirements into data model design.
- Provide support for data warehousing initiatives and monitor data warehousing system to ensure reliability and accuracy of information loaded into the databases.
- Translate technical aspects of data modeling (facts, dimensions, “snowflaking”, etc.) into language that non-technical users can understand. Work with both technologists as well as non-technical users with ease and approachability.
- Make recommendations on data maintenance tactics for slowly changing dimensions, data roll-off / archival planning, etc.
- Coach, mentor and lead other data modelers.
- Experience with Human Services business intelligence is desirable.
- Sr. Data Modeler/Data Architect capabilities with 7 or more years of experience, relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks.