Business Intelligence Analyst-6657
The Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer will be responsible for delivering solutions using various enterprise analytic technologies to meet strategic business needs. This person will be working with business leaders to identify and develop information based tools that lead to better decisions and increased profitability. The primary job responsibility is to design, develop, implement, and support BI tools. Additional responsibilities include defining and implementing our future state BI architecture.
- Thorough understanding of databases and data warehouse fundamentals
- Flexibility to learn new skills quickly and “flow to the work”
- Deep understanding of analytical concepts (dimensions, facts, normalization, joins, querying & grouping, SQL syntax, etc.)
- BI tool experience (Microstrategy, Tableau and/or Business Objects preferred)
- BODS experience strongly desired
- SAP S/4 or ECC data model knowledge strongly desired
- SAP ABAP experience preferred
- Programming experience (Visual Basic, C, C++); Web/Internet experience (Java, HTML, ASP, XML, XSL)
- Key Member of the IT team responsible for designing and building future state BI architecture, tool selection, development, and support activities for analytic solutions.
- Scope, estimate, design, develop and support solutions based on the MicroStrategy platform. These solutions will include Cubes, Reports, Dashboards and Applications.
- Scope, estimate, design, develop and support ETL solutions in SAP Business Objects Data Services (BODS)
- Scope, estimate, design, develop and support ETL solutions in Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Partner with Business Process and Solution Development teams to deliver technical solutions based on functional requirements.
- Creates and maintains technical design and support documentation
- Support enterprise data warehouse BI tools.
- Keep abreast of updates, changes and new functions of all current and future BI tools through independent research, direct communication with vendors, and active involvement in professional associations and training programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in a development role designing and developing solutions to support the BI Tool and data warehousing activities
- Experience in BI/DW platform transformations preferred