Business Analyst/Project Manager-5974
We are looking for a strong Business Analyst/Project Manager. This is expected to be a 6-9 month engagement and will be in Customer Implementation supporting projects that span across the department. This person needs to be able to drive internal projects forward, document recommendations, design processes supporting a simplified model, may assist in strategy refresh definition projects, and do general data analysis in excel. This is NOT a customer facing role.
- Requirement Management
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to elicit, analyze, represent and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and systems.
- Develop clear plan for requirements management to include identification and estimation of business analysis activities, determining what deliverables will be produced, etc.
- Elicit requirements using brainstorming, document analysis, focus groups, interface analysis, interviews, observations, requirements workshops and surveys/questionnaires
- Assess current capabilities, identifies high-level business requirements and conduct gap analysis
- Represent requirements using alternate views, such as analysis models or visuals where appropriate (e.g. process models, process maps, etc. – not technology prototypes)
- Provide creative business solutions to customer requirements by identifying opportunities for improvement (not technology or design solution)
- Identify requirements assumptions, constraints, risks, issues and dependencies
- Ensure requirements satisfy customer needs and quality characteristics Project Management
- Determine project approach, activities, schedule and project plan; estimate project effort and cost
- Manage scope, schedule and quality of project deliverables
- Facilitate appropriate communication within the project team and between stakeholders
- Act as intermediary between upper management and project team
- Address inter-dependencies across projects
Soft Skills General
- 4 year college degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or work equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in related job requirements
- Solid foundation of analysis in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and application of Lean concepts or Six Sigma preferred