Beacon Technologies is recruiting for an accomplished and innovative Business Analyst. This key, hands-on role will act as the primary interface with business partners, customers, and technology staff to analyze and identify opportunities to enhance applications. This position draws upon subject matter expertise with a responsibility of articulating functional and technical requirements for efforts that deliver measurable value and success for the product and our client as a whole.
The Analyst will work multiple and concurrent activities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, Agile software development environment. Using outstanding verbal and written communication skills coupled with an understanding of technology, this role collects requirements with a focus on ensuring that personal and team quality and timeline standards are met. In addition, the Analyst will be contribute to or take full responsibility for leadership of projects. This individual must be self-motivated, require minimal supervision, and manage issues in an efficient manner providing accurate status reports as required. Existing processes and tools will be leveraged with active participation in the identification and implementation of new tools expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technologies related discipline and three (3) or more years of business and/or systems analysis experience required.
- Exceptional business and technical communication skills required with an ability to conduct interviews and facilitate group discussions.
- Demonstrated success managing business and/or technical requirements throughout the development and/or project lifecycle.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service, product quality, and doing the “right thing” in a dynamic environment with multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
- Effective working individually or with a team.
- Strong process management and problem solving skills required with experience in agile software development a plus.
- Understanding of testing and release management techniques and technologies required.
- Ability to use animated mock-ups, flowcharting, storyboarding, style sheets, and other tools to demonstrate and illustrate application, system, and user experience and interface enhancements beneficial.
- Experience with Business-to-Business (B2B), e-Commerce, Inventory Control/Management, Point of Sale (POS), and/or Procurement Systems valued.
- Experience with Mobile App’s is a plus.