Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Business Analyst for a client in Janesville, WI.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Package), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs, and work flows)
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Takes input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Develops internal and external meeting objectives and agendas.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
- Legacy and web-based systems
- Use of enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Must possess strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Understanding the necessity of project standards and apply them consistently.
- Delivery of informative, well-organized presentations.
- General working knowledge of application programming, database and system design.
- Internet and client/server architectures.
- Legacy and web-based systems.
- Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects.
- Ability to improve upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform current industry practices into fresh alternative solutions.
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- MS Project
- SQL Server