As a Technical Business Analyst, you will be responsible for improving corporate business strategy and performance by proactively identifying technology improvement opportunities. Technical Business Analysts work with various executives in IT, Finance and other corporate functions to build consensus on IT investment decisions. Through excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to translate between technical and business language, and a strong desire to learn and collaborate, Analysts work cross-functionally to improve the organization’s IT architecture and capabilities.
- Works with business partners across multiple business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Assesses client needs utilizing a structured process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to translate business requirements and recommend options, risks and cost vs. benefits.
- Develops, writes, and communicates business and functional requirements for the design and implementation of business solutions.
- Obtains technical assistance to help in identifying technical solutions as needed.
- Proactively provides process improvement recommendations within a quickly evolving company.
- Participates in short- and long-term development planning sessions with I.T. customers to improve business processes.
- Generally involves using and improving information systems.
- Documents discussion and agreements.
- Participates in and leads implementation phases as needed and/or skills allow.
- Coordinates feasibility studies and proposals for evaluation by appropriate users and managers.
- May assist in the RFP process by preparing the technology requirements documentation and participating in the evaluation and selection of products/services.
- Stays informed of technology industry trends and solutions with ability to analyze for possible application in our environment.
- Works independently with minimal direction.
- Could serve as a project team member or may lead teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science/MIS or the equivalent of education and work experience
- Strong analytical skills, business intuition, and organizational ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Past experience with business or data analytics.
- Two to three years of experience in a hands-on technical role (e.g. workstation engineer, server administration) or technical project management.
- Fast and enthusiastic learner.