Business Analyst 2-12005
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Business Analyst for a large client located in Madison, WI.
- Function under the general supervision of the IT Coordination Section Chief.
- Lead IT projects needed to support Rapid Response related programming and systems changes required to deliver, track, and report on program administration for the division.
- Participate in planning meetings to determine whether system modifications are needed.
- Lead the development, testing, and implementation of modifications.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and local users.
- Responsible for serving a lead role in large new development and enhancement projects.
- Act as a liaison between program area staff and the applications developers.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Considerable knowledge of business analysis and Agile methodology for the automation of program policy and systems testing techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of theories, principles, and processes of planning and policy analysis as it relates to automated systems.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of system security, methods of user access, and techniques of providing end user system support.
- Working knowledge of computer equipment, telecommunication methods, and approaches to database management.
- Ability to analyze laws, regulations, rules, and policies that apply to employment and training programs.
- Working knowledge of automated systems for employment programs, including systems support for employment program case management, employer job openings and services, and program tracking.
- Working knowledge of labor exchange theory and techniques and administrative requirements to implement program policy and serve clients effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of program policy development and operations, systems design, user acceptance testing, systems implementation, and follow up. The systems that have been or will be designed and implemented through the efforts of this position have a significant impact on the day-to-day operations of workforce development programs serving job seekers and employers.