BI Developer 1/2-6338
The Business Intelligence I or II supports, the development, analysis of all the company’s business intelligence and analytical solutions for corporate, affiliated distributors, and independent distributors.
- Relies on experience to work with the BI team to help plan and accomplish goals and project initiatives.
- Design cubes, conduct SQL programming and ETL development and some reporting services.
- Responsible for designing, building, and implementing complex relational databases, multidimensional databases, data warehouses, integrations between systems, reports, and reporting systems.
- Work in conjunction with the Business Intelligence Architect, Business Intelligence Analyst, other Business Intelligence Developers, and work with the Information Technology staff to obtain the business requirements, outline data solutions, and implement.
- Designs and develops data warehouse related processes and applications using a variety of programming tools to extract data from the company’s on-premise applications and cloud-based systems.
- The above systems will contain sensitive corporate data and this position will hold a very high-level need for confidentiality, privileged, and protected information.
- Mentor junior staff as appropriate.
- Write detailed functional design documents and assisting with gathering business requirements with business users and analysts.
- Provide escalation support from other IT team members.
- Ensure that business intelligence documentation remains current, including Model Metadata, Warehouse, and ETL documentation and diagrams.
- Design, Develop, Implement, Maintain, ETL processes utilizing current ETL tools and processes.
- Design, implement and maintain semantic layers & Cubes
- Develop interactive dashboards with drill down capability
- Develop useful and intuitive Reports via standard reporting tools such as SSRS and other reporting tools
- Develop, implement, and maintain deployments and testing processes for modifications to the data warehouse environments, cubes, reports, etc…
- Coordinates and works with appropriate IT staff & Business, focusing on ETLs, Warehouse & Cube creation/design, and end user consumption of the data.
- Participate in the planning of work as a group and as an individual utilizing methodology such as Scrum.
- Assist with analysis for budgeting on future projects, tools, and technology
- Experience with data modeling tools and methodologies.
- Understanding of ETL design and implementation.
- Knowledge of multi-dimensional modeling, design, and implementation.
- Mastery of T-SQL and data modeling with DAX and MDX preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence Technologies including SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS
- 5 year(s): Working with relational and/or multi-dimensional databases.
- 5 year(s): Business and System Analysis and requirements gathering.
- 5 year(s): SQL programming experience.
- 7 year(s): Demonstrated experience designing and implementing Business Intelligence Solutions with experience modeling data
- 5 year(s): Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Reporting – Business Intelligence and/or ETL development.
- Experience with Tabular data modeling
- Experience with analyzing unstructured and structured data within a big data environment is a plus
- Database certifications are a plus
- Visual Studio (BIDS), PowerBI, and PowerPivot big plus
- Experience with BIML is a plus
- Bachelors or better in Information Technology or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.