We are recruiting for an experienced software engineer that is highly specialized in left-shifted, continuous test automation in a highly Agile environment to evangelize quality within software development teams. The ideal candidate will have experience leading the effort to ensure the quality of products throughout their development and owning the confidence level of implemented test suites. As an Automated Tester, you will work alongside developers and business analysts in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment to help implement – and guide the implementation of – automated test suites. This is a very technical role dedicated to robust automated testing. The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire to explore and improve multiple technologies throughout the testing stack.
As an Automated Tester you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong understanding of the underlying test and development technologies and be excited to figure out how things work end to end. You must be able to openly engage with your peers in a way that ensures the products’ quality, which includes both learning from and guiding others.
What you’ll be up to
● Designing and implementing automated test suites of Angular UI’s and REST API’s
● Strategizing proper testing in a containerized, microservices world
● Understanding full slices of the application from the UI to the data store, and where testing in isolation or integration is appropriate
● Being part of the full application lifecycle (design, develop, test, deploy and maintain), innovating in each step
● Mentoring the team using your testing experiences, while also developing yourself by learning from the team experiences
● Collaborating with external teams, including a cutting-edge UX and infrastructure team
What are the basics
● 3+ years experience in an IT organization in either a developer or automated testing role
● 2+ years of experience developing software or creating test scripts in Java programming language
● Strong knowledge of Selenium WebDriver
● Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining test automation frameworks
● Experience with left-shifted, continuous test automation strategies
● Proficiency in implementing API test automation (REST-Assured, etc.)
● Proficiency in SQL
● Proficiency with Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
What are the extras
● Experience in micro-service environments, including Docker
● Experience with Load and Performance testing
● Experience with NoSQL data stores
● Professional experience introducing new, innovative ideas and/or technologies