Application Systems Analyst I-6677
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for an Application Systems Analyst for a client located in Fitchburg, WI.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Provide third level support to end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Post software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software, and so on.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- 0-5 years of experience in IT. The Application System Analyst could have gained their experience in one of two ways: either they had formal training in IT and gained functional process understanding and project management skills on the job, or they could have first gained their experience in a functional area and then developed their IT skills. Either way, Application System Analyst must have a blend of business (functional), technical (IT), and project management skills.
- Application support focus
- Some experience with CAD, SharePoint, and Microsoft Dynamic would be useful.
- Formal project management certification is a plus.
- System development life cycle (SDLC) experience is a plus.
- Previous work with Server OS and server-side software installs desirable.
- Familiarity and experience with major Windows-based applications.