Beacon Technologies is recruiting for an Application Packager to provide application packaging and the orderly movement of software from development through user acceptance testing into production. They will be responsible for routine application packaging to enhance the integrity of the software integration process.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates server hardware installations.
- Adheres to all change management processes and makes suggestions on change management process improvements.
- Installs and supports device integration solutions.
- Gains a strong understanding of technology stack components from desktop to wide area network, to troubleshoot integration conflicts and isolate issues for resolution.
- Analyzes business requirements.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Typically requires 1 year of experience in application delivery systems and desktop management that includes experiences in Microsoft platforms and network communications.
- Mastery of MSI & MST/ Windows installer technology.
- Experience with Microsoft CM2012
- Experience with Admin Studio / InstallShield packaging tools
- Experience with VMware Workstation.
- Windows 7 and XP operating systems knowledge.
- Ability to package for Standard/Non-Admin desktop environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to follow and create detailed documentation.
- Ability to conform to organizational technical standards and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of operating systems, vendor-specific environments, and other system software.
- Demonstrated understanding of computer hardware, windows operating systems functions and components.
- Basic knowledge of systems administration and the inter-relationships between application code and server operating systems and desktop operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hardware and software as used in the clinical and/or business setting.
- Ability to use and an understanding of Microsoft Windows Installer Technology and of application repackaging.
- Basic knowledge of validation testing and subsequent report generation for applications and packaging best practice.
- Organizational, analytical, and documentation skills.
- Ability to gather and organize data.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills and problem and issue resolution skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while adapting quickly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to work well with both peers and customers under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a timely manner.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Exposed to a normal office environment most of the time.
- Position may require travel.
- May be exposed to road and weather hazards.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the duties of the job.