Application Domain Architect, Guidewire-22224
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Guidewire Solution Architect to interpret enterprise solution architecture documents and business requirements to create application architecture and design via UML. The individual will work with development team to ensure design and architecture are realized in the code. Hands on coding will be limited to prototyping designs or assisting developers in troubleshooting. This role will provide the necessary software development leadership to development team to ensure adherence to architecture and designs. This role will often interact with the business analysts with the business client so strong written and verbal communication is required.
Demonstrated experience doing application architecture and design is desired.
- Able to conceptualize, document and communicate higher level system requirements based on business requirements
- Able to work directly with business partners to translate business requirements into system requirements
- Presents alternative solutions that take into account non-functional requirements such as system performance, maintainability, resiliency and security
- Works with enterprise solution architects and elaborates the enterprise solution architecture into the necessary application architecture.
- Creates application architecture and the high-level design for chosen solution
- Strong Solution Architect/Guidewire Java Architect
- Knowledge of critical GW functionality such as batch processing, activities, workflows, messaging and GX Model
- Must have experience designing multi-tier web applications involving integrations with Vendor packages.
- Must have Guidewire design experience
- Strong leadership, software architecture and communication skills
- Needs to work well in a team environment and have demonstrated effectiveness at building teams
- J2EE architecture/technologies
- Web application architecture
- Web application development (all phases of the lifecycle)
- Design Patterns
- OOAD with UML
- RDBMS (esp. Oracle 13. Business client relationship building
- Web Services concepts, standards and technologies
- Service Oriented Architecture concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Guidewire Version 7 or 8
- Guidewire Studio or IntelliJ
- Guidewire design
- Eclipse-based development environment
- J2EE server environment (JBoss preferred)
- SOA based web applications
- Messaging Technologies (MQ, JMS, MDB)
- Requirements gathering, modeling and analysis
- IBM MQ
- GIT version control