AppDev-Web Group Lead-6049
The Application Development Lead (Web Group Lead) is responsible for planning and guiding the online development activities within the IS&T Department. The candidate is well versed in the conceptualization, development and management of product brand websites, as well as business web application and e-commerce applications.
- Requires leadership skills that bring together a multi-discipline work team to respond to business needs and client requests. Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems and website development and knowledge of managing software requirements are a must.
- The group lead will have strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills. Project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation are required.
- The incumbent will exhibit a professional demeanor, work ethic, high integrity, and a can do attitude, while being sensitive and responsive to user needs. The Web Group Lead must be a team player, and constantly seeks to learn new and relevant business processes and technologies.
- Six (6) to ten (10) years of experience in business application design, systems development and brand website creation, including implementation and installation in an online environment are required. The Web Group Lead will have a minimum of five (5) years experience of project management responsibility, demonstrate leadership skills and possess a track record of managing technical and creative staff through various life-cycle phases.
- The successful candidate will keep stay up to date with information technology trends in general and application development trends in particular and is able to propagate relevant industry information to the team.
- The Web Group Lead has excellent interpersonal skills and is able to detect and develop and mentor the specific strengths of each of the group members.
- In depth understanding of rich internet application development techniques and technologies, including but not limited to:
- Understanding of Multi-Tier architecture
- Understanding of SOA architecture
- Understanding of Front-End technology
- Understanding of Database principles
- Understanding of Middle Tier preferably JAVA.
- User interface and user interaction design & design principles.
- Ability to make sound judgment about development processes, design proposals and coding techniques.
- Thorough understanding of relational databases and data warehousing; standard query language coding expertise and familiarity with MSSQL server environment preferred.
- Applicable knowledge of product branding in online media.
- Knowledge of enterprise content management systems.