Advanced Statistical and Analytics Analyst-6950402
Beacon Technologies is currently seeking an Advanced Statistical & Analytics Analyst for a long term project in the Madison market. In this role problems you will work on every day will include:
- How do we define customer segments to better understand our customers, and suggest best channels for service?
- How do we improve our experimentation process and analysis?
- Build statistical models, apply machine learning techniques, analyze very large data sets and construct metrics using these modeling techniques.
- Guide critical business decisions by highlighting opportunities, identifying correlations, defining experiments and figuring out cause and effect relationships.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years relevant experience in predictive modeling and analysis.
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, and analytics techniques
- Experience in using R, SAS, Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software.
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insight
- Knowledge and experience of SQL (Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL)
- MS/PhD in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field
- Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
- Previous experience with statistical, econometric, and/or machine learning modeling is a huge plus.
- Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role with a large technology company
- Excellent communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic environment